Getting your marriage license!
January 9, 2017 Wedding Planning
LEGAL DOCUMNET CHECKLIST
To give notice of marriage you must contact your local register office.
• For most marriages and civil partnerships you must give at least 28 full days of notice.
• You will need to provide details of when and where you wish to get married.
• To give notice you will need to produce the following original documents. Foreign Nationals must contact their local office for
details on what they must take.
• Proof of Name, Age, Nationality
Passport or Birth Certificate
• Proof of Address
Utility Bill, Mortgage Statement or Tenancy Agreement from the last 12 months
• If you have been Divorced or Widowed
A Decree Absolute, Death Certificate